Wednesday, February 13, 2008

News from the Shipping Department - Invasion of the Wasps

From our Shipping Manager Darrin, who fights through the pain to make sure you get your order ASAP! I suggested we use his face as bait for the wasp invasion and spray Raid directly on his lovable mug, but he wisely declined.

On to his tale.

------------------------------

This a little known fact here at Rittenhouse. Wasps are a very common occurrence as our yard is wide open connected to farms. We periodically bring large crates, frames etc to thaw out from the cold and unbeknownst to me a few of them have emerged in the warehouse where my department and my desk are. Now here at Rittenhouse we have many experts in the agriculture/home garden areas and I have been informed by these "experts" that wasps are very docile and that is even if they are moving at all in February.As I am told they almost go into a "hibernate" state until the weather warms up. So thinking, I'll take their advice and I'll ignore them. Well lo and behold this batch of wasps we anything but docile. I have succeeded in getting stung not once but twice within the last few days, (I think paranoia is starting to set in) . The first one got me square in the throat, but being a team player and a company guy, I didn't fold like a lawn chair, I didn't cry, I didn't take my ball and go home, I simply had someone spray solarcaine and I was back on the job pronto.. never missed a beat. Same goes for the second sting, I triumphed, persevered, came out a winner. I wasn't about to let a "tame" little wasp stand in the way of productivity.

In closing, this little story is just another chapter in the adventure I endure of being an employee here at Rittenhouse

Enjoy!

No comments: